Elephant's Trunk Nebula (IC1396)
By Anton Winter
The Elephant’s Trunk Nebula is a concentration of interstellar gas and dust within the much larger ionized gas region called IC 1396. It is located about 2,400 light years away from Earth.
I had rare time off work and was able to capture data for the first time in almost nine months when the skies cleared up on September 27th, 2023.
- Telescope: SkyWatcher ESPRIT 100ED
- Imaging Camera: QHY-268C
- Guide Scope: PrimaLuceLab 60mm
- Guide Camera: ZWO ASI2900MM
- Mount: SkyWatcher EQ66-R Pro
- Electronic Focuser: PrimaLuceLabs SESTO SENSO 2
- Filter: Optolong L-Ultimate dual-band astronomy narrowband filter (Hb, Ha, and OIII)
- Capturing Software: N.I.N.A.
How much data did I capture?
Exposure Time: 6 hours and 27 minutes